Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Years Letter

Hey to all our Fam & Freinds,

We'll since Danny's return home I (Mindy) feel I have so many things in my life to be grateful for. It was very hard for me to leave my Family who I have always had around me and leave Utah, the place I call home but I knew the longer I stay in Utah the harder it would be for me to leave. Since bein here in Hawaii I have learned so many things, Like its not easy to stand on your own two feet but yet it can be done, 2 boys can drive you nuts but are a blessing, That 5$ for milk is better than no milk, Trials and tribulations come but misery is optional, Look not at what you've lost but at all that you still got, Be grateful for family but pray no one notices there weird, Love the sun but love sunscreen more, Enjoy the many birds but wish they would migrate south for a while, Rain isn't a bad thing but snow is more fun to play in, Cockroaches are friendly but geckos are friendlier, Technology is awesome but for blonde's hard to figure out, Bug spray is good but dead bugs is better, Remember there 3 hours ahead so we are 3 hours behind & most importantly life can be tough but you are capable of being tougher.
Lil' Danny had his 1st field trip yesterday and I was worried that he would get lost or not listen or something but he was fine. He got to see a play and said he enjoyed it. He is doing good in school. He is starting to read little 5 page books all by himself which I think is so good. Some people say that over here the school system isn't as advanced as in the states but I don't really know a difference since this is Lil' Danny's first year of school. We are just hoping that he is ready for 1st grade but if not then that's fine to. Every child is different and learns different.
Robert is a handful. He is our "Chunky Monkey" because he has those chubby cheeks like a monkey and a nice big belly to fit the profile. He constantly is wantin to eat eat eat. Where he puts all of it I would like to know. He is still clinging to big Danny like crazy. He just missed his dad lots. Robert is learnin to defend himself against Lil' Danny. They constantly are pickin on each other but with me (Mindy) growin up with 4 brothers I figured it would happen sooner or later.
Big Danny has adjusted to life being back home just fine and can't wait till he gets his 30 day block leave time to spend with his family. Lil' Danny has his spring break in the middle of big Danny's block leave so that is a good thing for the two of them. It will give them time to spend together without Lil' Danny havin school.
I (Mindy) am doing good. Adjustin to Big Danny bein home ok. More laundry to do and dishes to wash but the extra help I get makes it all worth it. I'm just takin life outnumbered by boys one day at a time and appreciating my good old "Family Life N Hawaii"
The Jakimowicz Fam-xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment